Health & Litter Database
The Health & Litter Database (HLD) contains dog and health information provided by owners and breeders of registered Portuguese Water Dogs. The database allows members to research dogs, provide dog and health information, view and print reports, as well as enter a new litter. Access is available to all PWD owners and breeders.
The PWDCA Health & Litter Database is open to the public with very limited access to specific dog, litter, breeder and owner information. Detailed information is accessible by becoming a Participating member. For more information see the HLD Database Access Policies
Below are the most common documents needed when submitting changes or additions to the Health & Litter Database. Please upload the documents directly to the HLD. Additional documentation may be required for other changes/additions. If documentation is needed, you will be notified by an HLD administrator.
- For litters: AKC litter record filled out with the proper information.
- Foreign litters: A litter report from the country of birth or individual registrations.
- Adding a dog to the log: A copy of the registration either AKC or Foreign
- Adding or removing a co-owner: A copy of the registration showing the change.
- If test results are on the OFA website, no additional documentation will be needed, otherwise the test certificate is required
- Reported health results will be included as ‘anecdotal’, unless medical results from a veterinarian or other certified facility are provided.